Looking back I can see that I led a pretty charmed life - although, one gaping hole I see in my childhood is the fact that I never had a cool nickname. I don't blame my parent... they did their best, and I think I turned out reasonably functional. I realize mom and dad had a lot to think about as they were raising us three kids, but it's going to take a few more therapy sessions to overcome this tragedy.
In light of this, David and I have taken seriously our responsibility to label Lex as early as possible. We often shorten Alexis' name to Lexi and her middle name is Dawn; we often put the two together as Lexi Dawn which sounds a lot like lexicon.
the dictionary defines a lexicon as:
1603, "a dictionary," from Gk. lexikon (biblion) "word (book)," from neut. of lexikos "pertaining to words," from lexis "word," from legein "say" (see lecture).
Not only is this a cool nickname, we hope it is a self fulfilling prophecy. It gets very tedious having to pause the DVR to physically look up the words we don't understand - I can't wait till we have our own walking and talking dictionary... our own little lexicon.

2 comments:
ha ha! so clever, I love it. great picture too. I love that you took over the blog!
No nickname??? What is this??? You were blessed with the wonderful nickname of "iffer". That by far is the coolest nickname out there. According to the Slavic-Latin-Asian-Germanic translation(the only copy of the translating text was lost to the horrible volcanic eruption of 13XX. Luckily, through generations the knowledge had been passed down). "iffer" is "one with divine logical sense and the power to make other people realize they don't have it(divine logical powers..or any logic for that matter)".
--Matt
Post a Comment