
Last night David and I were chatting about being parents and David asked me why I wanted to be a mother. As I thought about the question, he volunteered reasons he thought I wanted to be a mom... he came up with things involving my eternal perspective and my desire to take the next steps to move forward on the ladder of life. His reasons made me sound very responsible, and as he talked I could almost convince myself that he was on the right track.
However, I realize that one day I will have to tell my daughter that we had kids because our apartment complex wouldn't let me have a puppy... To have a dog, the complex requires a letter from a licenced therapist stating that there is an 'emotional need'... however, there is no documentation required for me to be responsible for an actual little person. Mental note: trying to hide a puppy may have been the easier road in the long run.
I am quite sure that one day the whole family will be on Oprah to discuss how our family dysfunction all started with mom...

0 comments:
Post a Comment