Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Big Brother is Watching


As Alexis becomes more and more aware of her surroundings I have become more self conscious of my daily habits. No matter where I put her - her car seat, bouncing chair, swing, couch - I can feel her watching me. Having her crystal blue eyes watching every move I make is getting a bit unnerving. I can only guess what is running through her head as she watches me:
Another cookie mom, are you serious? That makes what number five for the morning - do you really think that is a good idea - 'baby fat' as an excuse can only go so far.
Having no idea what is really going through her head is enough to drive me crazy, but it has been good motivation to start running again. What does it mean when I can't handle the thought of an infant looking down on me? Jogging with a stroller is a struggle, but I know that one day Lex will return the favor when I am living in her basement and she has to wheel me around in a wheel chair.

1 comments:

dayna said...

only the mom seems to get the non-stop tracking from those baby eyes, i've noticed! haa ha. it does start to drive you crazy, huh!