Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Near Death Experience

So this morning my mother invited me to go on a walk with her, and I thought it would be nice to get outside while Dad was available to watch little Lex. Now, anyone who knows my mother knows when she said 'walk', in real translation it's more like 'trek'. I started getting a bit nervous when mom came out with arctic winter wear for me to borrow - where on earth was she taking me!? I tried to play it off by commenting I knew the area so if I got too tired i could find my way home... to which mom replied 'you wont know your way home where I am taking you'.

Well, 6 miles and an hour and a half later I'd never been happier to see Lex. There were a number of times on my 'walk' I never thought I'd see my daughter again. Mom said we should go out again on Thursday after me body has a day to recover... newsflash: it's going to take a whole lot more than one day to recover. I don't even know if I'll recover feeling in my legs.

0 comments: