I find that sitting on the couch all day and having close to no adult interaction is really quite stimulating. In fact, just this morning, as I was burping Lex I found myself sinking deep in thought. As I was pondering, I found myself stuck on one particular quandary... at what age do we stop cheering when a person burps (and farts really)? How often do you go to a restaurant, and if someone burps the entire restaurant stops and in a sing song voice says "good job! Doesn't that feel better? You did so good, do you have another one for me?"
I don't know how many times a day I find myself saying those exact things to my daughter, or even going further and holding her legs up so that her gas will have easier passage. No wonder kids are so messed up these days... One minute their parents are praising them for something as simple as bodily noises, and the next minute they are being reprimanded for the same thing. How are kids supposed to grow up functional and trusting with such a harsh and glaring double standard?!? Seriously, I think this one has noble prize written all over it...
2 comments:
Your baby is SO cute!!!!!! I really like your blog it is very funny.
--Mary Houtz
Your baby is hillarious and that is so funny that you sat on that statue couch! Say hi to Alexis for me!
Post a Comment