Yesterday following Alexis' bath, I forgot to brush her hair so it would lay flat; as a result she had a little mohawk form. Well, it was quite cute, so I decided to experiment a little and see if I could help all her hair join in. When we were in Utah for Christmas I remember my mom telling me I could use Karo syrup to make a bow stick in her hair... Now, I don't think my mom meant for the take home message to be "pour Karo syrup all over Lex's head and see what fun you can have"; sadly, tho that's what stuck.
So, I pulled out the Karo, cooed and giggled to Alexis so she wouldn't know she should probably be afraid, and went to work. Before I knew what had happened I had Karo everywhere and my fingered were pretty much glued to my daughters scalp... not really what I was going for.
Even tho it didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, I can say that it did bring Lex and I closer - we were pretty much inseparable until I gave her a second bath...


1 comments:
oh so cute. i can only imagine the sticky mess. i think by the time emme actually gets hair (we're crossing our fingers for age 15 or 16) the whole karo syrup thing won't fly.
Post a Comment