Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our Next Heavy Weight Champion






Alexis had her 2 month check up yesterday... She has reached double digits and is weighing in at 10.6 lbs 22 inches. She has gained 4 whole pounds since birth - and ironically still weighs less that her dad when he was born! She is gaining weigh on a normal curve, and surprisingly (to those who have seen the cheeks and the chins) she is still below average compared to other babies her age.


Her doctor said that she has reached the age where we can let her sleep at night without having to wake her up to eat. I didn't let him in on the secret that we have been doing just that for quite a while now. She falls asleep at about 10:30 PM and wake up sometime between 6 and 7 AM... if she doesn't wake me up, I figure I should give her the same courtesy. Unlike her mom, she is definitely a morning person - it's hard for me to want to smother her with my pillow when she is beaming with smiles - that may be the only thing that has saved her when I have to wake up with a "6" anywhere in the time.


She received her first immunizations... 3 shots and all I could do was watch. David conveniently had to be in school, so mine was the face Alexis saw as the nurse plunged needles into her thighs. Thankfully her next round of shots is not for 2 months, and you can bet that appointment will be one that her dad takes her to.

0 comments: