Thursday, January 10, 2008

GRRRR is for Government

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I have to say that few things frustrate me more than trying to "do things the government's way". In no way am I saying that I don't love living in the US and being a proud American - I mean, I love apple pie as much as the next person (unless we're talking about my Mom's home aid apple pie, then I love it MORE than the next person).
But after spending more than a few hours at the Department of Human and Social Services building yesterday to apply for Medi-cal my patience was worn very thin. Now that I am officially unemployed and David and I are living completely off government loans; we are trying to avoid having to increase our loans, and end up owing $1,001,000 rather than a nice round $1,000,000.
Needless to say after waiting in various waiting rooms for hour after hour praying that Alexis would sleep - I was finally able to meet with a case worker who told me that we would need everything short of blood tests and a polygraph before anything could be approved. I, like any self respecting person, could not believe that I had spent my entire morning waiting and waiting to hear that nothing could be accomplished, so I decided to give the case worker a piece of my mind... and bravely I... thanked her and made an appointment to return next Monday. Yup, I sure made her sorry she came to work...
I'm not sure how exactly she would like us to prove that we have no money; I'm just dieing to hear what she says next week.

0 comments: