Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Grandparents are Great



Over the weekend, we took a little trip down the 405 to visit Grandma and Grandpa Clarke. On a good day without traffic the drive takes about 40 minutes, but when the 405 lives up to its' nickname "the parking lot" it's a whole different story. David and I have often commented on how much we would enjoy living in California if only everyone else would move... you can't beat the weather and the beach!

We had a really nice time with Grandma and Grandpa - they are great with Lex, and she loves having someone besides mom to look at. Grandpa has labeled me as a "stress case mother"... He devised a game of torture where lex was in the other room crying with Grandma and I wasn't allowed to help. He made it very clear that I was more entertaining to watch than the baby. I haven't the faintest idea why he would say that, as I sat there a nervous wreck on the edge of my seat. Luckily, I have David on my side... He's so tall, he can just play leap frog over grandpa and assess the lexicon situation for me.

0 comments: