As each day passes we are noticing lots of changes with Alexis - lately she is making more and more noise (course not all of the noise comes out of her mouth). lexi has reached the stage of "cooing" - and, she has decided that she should have a say in everything. The poor girl is stuck with her mom all day - who's better at nonverbal communication - and, I'm afraid that she is beginning to get a complex. For some odd reason Lex doesn't understand that my not talking to her translates to "I love you" not "It's easier for me to ignore you if you are quiet".
As you can imagine, when 6PM hits and dad walks through the door Lex is overjoyed to have someone to chat with. Last night David gave up on teaching Lex english and he decided to learn her language. Their conversation went something like this:

Lex: ahhhhh [translation: Welcome home father. I trust that you had an enjoyable day.]
David: ahhhhh-ahhhh [translation: ahhhh-ahhhh]
Lex: ohhh grrrrrrrr [translation: Father it is very difficult to have a civilized conversation with you when you make such strange noises. I had a very intellectually stimulating day - I decided to reformulate a hypothesis on genetic transference of dominant verses recessive traits.]
David: urrrrrrrr mmm [translation: urrrrrrr mmm]
As you can imagine, they were inspiring to watch. I learned so much from watching David have such quality bonding time, I decided to give it a go this morning... Sadly, all I got was sour milk spit up. Being a mother is so thankless...
0 comments:
Post a Comment