
This morning we decided to take Lexi to the beach for a Saturday morning walk. This was her first experience with the beach and we were a little nervous taking her to Venice because it, more than any other beach, brings out the "freak" in people. Those of you who have had the delight of walking the Venice boardwalk know what I am talking about.
Sure enough, it only took a few minutes of the beach to awaken the wild side of our little girl. She spent most of the walk practicing for her audition to be a member of KISS. That, or she is completely antisocial and was maliciously sticking her tongue out at everyone.
Tho, David and I felt a little out of place because we weren't members of a running group. The most interesting part to me, was the fact that all the groups had to wear t-shirts declaring their identity... there were the LAWalkers or the RoadRunners etc. I think they do this to make sure they don't fraternize with those who run 6 minutes miles versus those who take 10 minutes... there is no such thing as equl opportunity these days. I decided I'm going to make my own shirt - Memory Joggers - to signify that the days of jogging are a distant memory for me.
Before we decide to venture to the beach again, I think we'll have to wait until Lexi's dread locks come in, and I have enough confidence to be around joggers and not feel guilty.
Sure enough, it only took a few minutes of the beach to awaken the wild side of our little girl. She spent most of the walk practicing for her audition to be a member of KISS. That, or she is completely antisocial and was maliciously sticking her tongue out at everyone.
Tho, David and I felt a little out of place because we weren't members of a running group. The most interesting part to me, was the fact that all the groups had to wear t-shirts declaring their identity... there were the LAWalkers or the RoadRunners etc. I think they do this to make sure they don't fraternize with those who run 6 minutes miles versus those who take 10 minutes... there is no such thing as equl opportunity these days. I decided I'm going to make my own shirt - Memory Joggers - to signify that the days of jogging are a distant memory for me.
Before we decide to venture to the beach again, I think we'll have to wait until Lexi's dread locks come in, and I have enough confidence to be around joggers and not feel guilty.
We decided to finish off the day a little closer to home and visited Manhatten Beach. Lex seemed to enjoy Manhatten a bit more than Venice - I don't think this is anything personal against Italy... could have been the jet lag.

Yes, it is true - Lexi has already mastered "the look". We're both trying to figure out exactly what is going through her head - I think it sounds something like this, "Daddy! I want a pony!
Standing at 2 months?!?! This has to be some kind of a record...
0 comments:
Post a Comment