Monday, January 7, 2008

Alexis Visits Primary Childrens



Following the new year, Alexis had her first visit to the plastic surgeon; David and I felt one can never start too early when looking into finding the perfect doctor for a nose job...
So, on January 3rd David and I along with my parents went down to Primary Children's hospital for a meeting with Dr. Hutchinson - he is a hand specialist. He gave us the shocking news that Lex is going to need surgery... wow, they sure don't give out medical degrees to just anyone these days. Anyway, he said we should probably plan on 2 total surgeries (that would be doing both hands at the same time), the first surgery would be sometime close to her first birthday.
As you can imagine we had a lot of questions, and I had power struggles with the Dr because I have been on the receiving end of hand surgeries. But, we both came away from the appointment comforted to have Dr. Hutchinson's input. He referred us to a Dr at UCLA - Dr Jones, whom we already have an appointment with in April for a 6 month checkup.
We'll keep you posted...

0 comments: