Friday, January 18, 2008

Medical Mystery

I am pleased to announce that I am no longer the only medical mystery of the family. The other night David said the roof of his mouth was a little sore, and there was some redness starting to show. The ensuing conversation, about what it could possibly be, illustrated the dramatic difference in our intellectual stimulation.

David went through multiple theories involving words like "melanoma" or "mucoepidermoid carcinoma" or "polymorphous adenocarcinoma". After talking through his theories, he turned to me and asked my opinion... well, what could I say? I thought I better give it to him straight - so, I told him I thought one of the tortilla chips he'd eaten in his taco salad scratched the top of his mouth... I sure hope I didn't kill off many neurons with that one; I don't have many to spare these days.
Is it any wonder why he is the one receiving advanced education?


David is doing fine. He visited the oral surgery department yesterday, and they have no idea what it is, but assured his that it wasn't serious. He's going back for a check up next week.
The following picture may be too graphic for some of our younger viewers...

1 comments:

dayna said...

ouch! that looks like it really hurts