Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Let's Make A Deal


It was nice to have David home for an extra day last weekend; any day that I am not a single parent is a good day. David and I actually had a long chat about how we both thought the other's day-to-day life was more difficult than our own. So, with that in mind, we decided to make a little deal: he'd be Mr. Mom, and I would be an eager - tho, slightly shorter - dental student.


I thought that Sunday would be a perfect day for the switch, and as David became Mr. Mom I headed off, like any good student on a Sunday, and took a nap. I had a very enjoyable nap until I was suddenly awakened by a scream unlike any I have ever heard before. In my semi-conscious, just waking up state, I ran into the nursery... what I saw there has haunted me ever since. Imagine if you will a young child say 2 months old, we'll call her Alexis; and her father, all 6 feet 5 inches of him standing over her shaking with terror. Let's just say that someone (no need to point fingers) wasn't able to get a new diaper on fast enough. That's right friends, not only did David have to change clothes, but we are still cleaning the carpet and the walls.



After changing his clothes, poor David poured himself a shot of apple juice (straight up) and tried to drown his woes... unfortunately, he missed his mouth and had to change again due to the stream of apple juice down his shirt. If my day as a dental student hadn't been SO grueling, I might have felt sorry for him!

1 comments:

Merrilee said...

Oh that is so awesome and predictable! Crocket has always been a little baby with that stuff. Can you say carving pumpkins Crock Pot?