Lately I have realized that the "baby weight" excuse can only last for so long. And, with Lex approaching 5 months old, I can see that I probably should take some responsibility. So, in an attempt to shave a few pounds, I decided to give up sweets - namely chocolate.
Looking back, I can see that this probably was not the wisest of moves... It could have been the fact that my resolve didn't even last 24 hours...
So, I decided that it was actually much easier to lose weight by cutting my hair, than by cutting chocolate out of my diet. It has been about a week since the fateful day, and I am still having frequent spells of marked sadness. In college I learned about phantom limb syndrome that happens after an amputation; well, I think I have phantom hair syndrome. It is quite disturbing to run my hands through my hair, and abruptly realize there is nothing there! Since cutting my hair, I freeze at night sleeping, scald my back in the shower every day, and I am barley recognized by my own daughter. Soon, I will officially change my name to Sampson...

0 comments:
Post a Comment