American Idol has become something of a weekly tradition in our house. We started the season by watching the auditions simply to laugh. However, we got fairly attached to our favorite contestants, and now have to see it through - we are practicing commitment and dedication since very few shows can hold our attention after one or two episodes.
I didn't realize how our Idol watching was affecting Lex until FHE this week. David and I started singing Oh My Father, and much to our astonishment Lex joined in. I can't really say that is sounded like a choir of angels; maybe closer to one of those trained dogs that sings along at the camp fire, but we enjoyed her participation. David kept the song going, probably longer than it should have, just because he was so entertained.
Needless to say, we may have the 2026 American Idol in our midst, but not without some serious help and coaching from Nana. Some kids want to be doctors, lawyers, even the President of the United States... my daughter aims really high though, she wants to be an idol.
0 comments:
Post a Comment