Friday, March 7, 2008

Tell Tale Sign

I think that it would be fairly safe to say that David and I had a 'whirl wind' relationship. We get quite a few raised eyebrows when people realize that we dated for 2 months and were engaged for 2 months before we were married - especially here in the land of the eternal playin' the field mentality. I'll admit that things progressed rather quickly - it was hard enough getting him free of Shenayne's clutches - I had to move fast before she had time to work another spell.

Even tho things moved rapidly, I had no trouble identifying David's tell... it's all in the hands.

I can usually tell when he is really uptight, nervous, excited, worried, etc. Because his hands get really clammy. Even the night that he proposed I knew something was up because he was super quiet (that is definitely a sign with the man that can converse about anything from floss to microscopic bacteria), and he wouldn't hold my hand. Throughout our time together knowing David's tell has come in handy - I know when he is really into something versus when he could care less.

The other night as we were sitting on the couch together I noticed that David's hands were getting a bit clammy. Had we been watching a movie or playing a game together I would have attributed that to his concentration, but since we were just sitting there I was a bit confused. And then, I discovered the cause... Brick breaker... the only game on his cell phone. It's nice to know that a video game can illicit the same response from David as proposing. Knowing this just makes all the great moments in our life together, somehow, mean so much more.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like reading your blog it is really funny. It makes me laugh when I read it. Your baby is very cute!!