Lex had her 4 month check-up last week. She is growing like a weed. She has gained 3 inched in height (25 inches) and 3 lbs (13.6 lbs), since her visit 2 months ago. The pediatrician said she is above average height wise, but still slightly below average in weight. I'm not sure how many more visits I can sit through, where a doctor tells me that she is underweight... I'm thinking a measurement needs to be added of the checks - I have no doubt the truth would come out!
From her young age, she already recognizes that she is not a fan of doctors. The minute she made eye contact with the doctor, she burst into tears. That was also precisely the time David was midway through his "she is such a happy baby - she seldom cries" speech. The timing was actually quite perfect. Once she started crying, she didn't stop till she was safely home in her crib. David was more of a wreck than she was - I thought it would be helpful to have him there while she was getting more shots... wont make that mistake again...
We'll take her back at 6 months for more shots and measurements. She is about ready to start on solid foods, and we'll probably get that going close to the beginning of May. 

0 comments:
Post a Comment