
Growing up, when a stray cat would show up on our doorstep, my parents would discourage us from naming the animal so that we would not get too attached - cause "you can't keep it!". Over the weekend, I made the fatal error of naming our dinner, and I admit that I feel just terrible for what happened to poor Bob!
We have gotten stuck in our chicken cooking ways, so we decided to try something new. When I first told David the recipe involved putting a pop can up the chickens... you know where... he was a bit mystified. His first questions was, "isn't that dangerous?". The danger seemed to dissipate for him when I explained you open the pop can - that after all, is easier than trying to gather all the chicken pieces after it has exploded with the can - much more time and cost effective.
We first tried to cook Bob on the grill, but that never heated up enough, so we finished him off in the oven. Bob turned out very tasty, and David even got to practice his carving skills when it came time to slice and dice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment