There are many ways that living in sunny California could be compared to living inside a shopping mall. Things like: constantly being surrounded by fashion- those who are both over and (way) under dressed; being surrounded by concrete – everywhere you turn there are stores and restaurants; and, having everything crowded and way overpriced.
Yes, it is true I feel like I am living inside a mall – more specifically though I feel like I am living in the food court. I have never lived in a place quite like our little University Village. Where, depending on the time of day, and the corridor you walk down you can be 'dazzled' by culinary smells from all over the world. When I go out in he morning, not only am I confronted by the bacon and eggs I expect the smell, but there is also fried rice, bar-b-q meat, and curry. Or course, that's just naming the smells I can identify - there are countless others that I have no idea what to call (or desire to eat really).
I have decided that our complex needs to start requiring people – everyone but me that is – to display, outside the door, what they are cooking. Not only so I know what I smell, but also so I know whose apartment we’re having dinner with tonight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment