Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lady Luck

Photobucket

When it comes to Lexi, there are two things that I hear on a pretty regular basis.
1- Lexi is a Gerber baby
2- I am such a lucky mom

With regards to my daughter being the heir to a pureed fortune, all I can is she must have gotten the best of both of us. Whether I am out for a morning walk, in the grocery store, or wandering around the mall (hey, it's something to do) I am bound to hear someone mention that my off spring looks like a bottle of baby food. Frankly, I'm still not sure it's a compliment. But, I guess it is better than having the word "Purina" be the first thing that comes to mind...

Now to address the fact that I am such a lucky mom. Is it lucky that I have a child who enjoys to be in her crib for a nap, whether she is sleeping or not? Is it lucky that I have a child who would rather smile than frown? Is it lucky that I have a child who would rather eat spinach and zucchini than ice cream?
I don't know if I would consider myself lucky. I am still the one that has to hear her giggling all day... I am the one who has to pick up the slack on the eating of the ice cream... I have to try and keep a straight face every night as she runs around wearing nothing but a towel on her head because she wants to be a super hero. Truthfully, this really is the most exhausting job - emotionally, mentally, economically, environmentally, logistically, ergonomically...

0 comments: