Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cuddle Bug or Wiggle Worm?

I believe that most kids fall comfortably into one of two categories: cuddler or wiggler. Thus, for those who may have questions regarding which kind of insect they have on their hands, I have come up with a few simple questions...

1. While being held does the child forcefully use both arms and legs to push against you until they can see something more than just your face?
2. Does the child view your lap as a seat,or a minor road block to something more worth their time?
3. When you attempt to kiss the child, do they put up both hands as a shield and start swatting at your face the minute you move in?
4. When you try and rock the child, do they become so stiff it seems as tho you will need to find a surgeon to extract the metal rod shoved...
5. Can the child sit with you for more than 3 seconds without showing their obvious boredom?
6. Does the child thrive on being tossed around like a rag doll, and giggle at the feeling of gravity quickly pulling them to the ground?

Anyone who has had the opportunity to be around Lex knows exactly which category she falls into... Cuddler, of course! She is so content to sitting quietly. Even tho she can move around, she prefers to sit still and ponder... gee, I sure hope that one day she engages with the world around her and becomes interested in her surroundings.
For now, I guess that I will just keep waiting and hoping...

0 comments: