Monday, July 28, 2008

Shout Out

As we were getting ready for church, David asked a very thought provoking question yesterday. We were talking about how difficult the past year has been, how stressful it is to realize there is only one more week till boards, and how the stress of school really will not stop until we know for sure that he has been accepted to an ortho program. Then David asked (quite seriously, mind you) if Lexi would ever understand how difficult this has all been.

Honestly, I don't think she will understand... I don't know that she will ever fully appreciate how much effort went into buying her uniforms for the expensive all girls school that she will be attending till she's 30. I don't think she will realize that it is expensive to have gentleman callers dealt with. And, the medical bills alone to make sure that she never leaves her parents; well, those add up too.

Seriously though this is a special shout out to husbands and fathers. I don't know what my own parents had to go through, and all the sacrifices they made and continue to make on behalf of their family; but, I can honestly say that I have never wanted for anything (except that pony... waiting, still waiting). I especially want to thank David, my Daddy, and David's Dad - three of the hardest working, most selfless men I know. I have no idea the pressure that you feel to bring home the bacon. But, I appreciate each and every one of you. Your efforts do not go unnoticed. I don't publish it enough, but I love you and am truly grateful for such good men and fine examples in my life.

And, though I moan about how rough it is sitting at home all day... just know, I wouldn't trade places with you for a million bucks! I know a good thing when I got it... I'm not that crazy!

1 comments:

dayna said...

hope my previous comment didn't make you feel bad!!!! matt and i area always wondering how our own parents felt as they raised us, now that we are going through the toddler stage...i know it must be rewarding to them to know that now i am amazed at how they ever did it all. a lot of sacrifice and a lot of love i guess. kids are truly oblivious to any of the stress.