Friday, July 25, 2008

Hannibal Lexi

My strange child absolutely refuses to use a pacifier... or even suck her thumb. The above picture is a demonstration of what she finds calming. Yup, that's right she sucks on her arm... but, only when mine is not available.

For about the last month and a half, Lex has decided that her best source of comfort is giving me hickeys. We are trying to find a suitable outlet for this impulse, but I have to be honest there are times I am more than willing to be the human pacifier just so she will be quiet!


Although, It is fairly embarrassing wearing short sleeved shirts. With all the bruises, I look like a battered wife. I don't know who is more embarrassed: David, because people think I have an abusive husband; or me, because I have let someone under 30 inches tall get the upper hand.


I am coming to grips with the fact that one day my daughter will be 'that kid' standing in the shadows of the school yard that everyone whispers about as they pass... because she thinks she's a vampire.

0 comments: