Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let's Explore!

Again, it has been over a week since my last update... I am shocked how the days go and Lex grows!

Since early January, I have been looking forward to July when my brother and sil would come to visit... sadly, the time has come and gone. David and Kristen drove down last Friday and headed to San Diego yesterday for Kristen's brother's wedding. It was a blast having a chance to explore Cali with them. They were good sports about our early curfew... for some the day may start around 7PM, but for us 7PM translates to house arrest. We spent time in Santa Monica, Hollywood, and Malibu... and even made the expensive drive down Rodeo. To top the visit off we spent the day at Zuma beach and all came home somewhere between 'crispy' and 'fried'. Let's talk about some of the things not fun to do with a sun burn: shower, sleep, sit on the couch, move, get dressed, hold a wiggling child, etc, etc. And where does that leave me? Um, pretty much standing in front of the TV eating... I'm still recovering...
It was great to have them here, but sad to see them go...

1 comments:

Merrilee said...

So true about the sun burn! I try to stay out of the sun, but it is so gosh darn tempting. Glad you guys had fun!