Now that Lex can move around the house, I find that by the end of the day I am exhausted... why is it that the more exercise she gets, the more I have to get too? In the past when she was bored she really didn't have many options for broadening her horizons. Now however, I know exactly when she is bored because she is suddenly gone.
Currently, she is looking for a way under the couch (sadly, her head always gets in the way... that's what happens when your head is 3 times as big as the rest of your body, I guess), and she also watches very closely each time either David or I open the front door. I can almost see the wheels turning in her brain as she plots her escape.
Fortunately, she is anything BUT quiet when she is trying to get around. She reminds us of the war movies after a big explosion when the hero must use their arms to pull themselves as their legs drag behind... i can almost hear the "I'm going to make it! ahhhhh... I will make it!!" whenever she is on the move. It is all very dramatic! I'm not sure what kind of hero she would make since she sucks on everything in her path, or pushes it out of the way - sorry injured survivors, you're on your own!
She loves to be able to move rather than sit and wait for me to get the hint that she is bored. She is starting to get her knees under her and shuffle forward. Thankfully, she hasn't completely mastered the every-other-hand forward motion concept... She is already a very independent kid. I have learned that I must place things in front of her so that she can grab them herself - she does not take handouts. And, her screaming and thrashing is VERY subtle when I am holding her and she wants to be down...
3 comments:
wow she is quick! you are in trouble for sure:) she's got that army crawl down. so fun to see! thanks for sharing
OH how CUUUUUUUTE! She's like a little caterpillar!! A cute, fuzzy blonde one! So, so adorable. And man, she totally flashed that smile right at the camera halfway there, seriously, one of the happiest babies I've ever seen.
She is amazing! I love how she krinkles her nose! Tooo cute!!!!! And I'm so proud of her for the Army crawl! We just need to get her in cami's and she'll be ready to take on the cobra team.
Post a Comment