The past couple of weeks have been pretty eventful for us. As a quick update: David is still studying for boards. It has reached the point where neither one of us can imagine a world in which the very word 'boards' does not quicken the pulse and strike fear in our hearts. He has made it through all the material covered in the exam almost ONE full time! And after more than 300 study hours that tells you a bit of what he is up against. He has pushed back the exam goal date a few weeks, so that he can have a little more prep time. Now we are looking at the end of July.
He has already started the testing nightmares, and lets me know each morning what horrendously unacceptable score he dreamed of receiving - last night it was 87! I've let him know, in no uncertain terms, that if he comes home with anything less that 99.9 he may as well get used to the air mattress... I was going to round it to an even 100 but I didn't want to seem unreasonable! On the up side he is now finished with his school years of class lectures, and now spends his days as a dentist in the clinic - complete with patients and all!
Lex and I spent the last 2 weeks in Utah - I usually tell David I go for his own good, but in reality, I go for my own sanity. It was so nice to be somewhere where I didn't have to listen to cars on the freeway all day. While there Alexis perfected her push and pull method of getting around, and got to spend quality time with Harley, and choked down some of Grandma's peaches (odd child still does not like food other than rice cereal. If I had not been in the room when she was born, I may question if she is really mine).
We had a blast hanging out at home, and also going on field trips to Salt Lake and the mountains. We had the chance to have good family time with my little brother and his amazing wife - who taught me the joys of the Wii. David -and his family- even flew in for a whirlwind day to participate in his Grandma's funeral.
Lexi was great on the plane home and smiled at anyone willing to make eye contact. In fact the little Asian man sitting next to us wanted to hold her and had the flight attendant take pictures... I felt like an agent rather than a mom. Somewhere half-way across the world Lex has wormed her way into some strangers scrapbook.
It was sad to have the time go so quickly and have my master plan of being gone while David is studying backfire... But, as Lex sat in the front room this morning and looked around like she had no idea where she was, I can see it was time to come home.
To sum up: We are pretty much right where we started almost a month ago... home, toys scattered all over the floor, and looking forward to the day when the dreaded test is a thing of the past.
Lex absolutely loves water... whether it was the frigid Gorge or heated hotel pool - she wanted in!
This is one before I dunked her... after the dunking she doesn't really trust me. Anytime I started counting to 3 she got really stiff...
Lex absolutely loves water... whether it was the frigid Gorge or heated hotel pool - she wanted in!
This is one before I dunked her... after the dunking she doesn't really trust me. Anytime I started counting to 3 she got really stiff...
Dinosaur Land: Vernal, Utah - it took a whole 10 minutes to walk from one end of town to the other. When asking the locals where a good place to eat was in town, they responded "well, it's in another town..."
See that look... too bad you can't see the "don't even think about it" look on my face! Mmmm - nothing tops a Gorge burger.
This is the new smile... she is experimenting with the nose wrinkle and actually is afraid to open her mouth in fear I will force a spoon full of something in...
2 comments:
Thank you so much for updating the blog! It's good to have you guys back! :) I loved all the photos - you two are sure cute! I think why Lexi is not a fan of food is because she still has not had chocolate, or has she? :) Hope all is well now that you're back - I'm sure David is VERY happy!!! :)
i really don't think she could be any cuter! I LOVE the black & white photo in the sidebar...so amazing. sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment