Monday, February 11, 2008

Welcome Nana and Granddad!





David's parents were able to fly in for Lex's blessing, and this was also their first opportunity to meet little Lex. We have discovered that Lex takes a little time warming up to people - don't know where on earth she picked that up - but, we were grateful Nana and Granddad stuck it out. I was getting a little worried she was becoming one of those babies who is only happy when mom or dad is holding her, but I am learning she's doesn't care if it's mom or dad just as long as she is the center of attention - what a blow to the ego.

We had a great couple of days together exploring UCLA's campus and discovering the hidden treasures of Trader Joes. But, I would have to say that the highlight was Nana's hoho cake... I think I took more pictures of the cake than anything else. You have to understand that every time David and I have attempted this cake it ends up in a bowl as a layer cake, so to see it as it should be was a thing of beauty!

When it came time to say goodbye we were all depressed, but I think Lex took it the worst since the crying seemed only to start when people looked at her... I tried to explain to her that Nana and Granddad were only crying because it would be a while till they got to see her again. When that sunk in, she too started crying. I'm not sure if it was that she was sad to say goodbye, or more the realization that she was once again alone with mom...

1 comments:

Merrilee said...

How is it possible that Lexi is the most beautiful baby in the world!!!!! I know the answer of course, it's because she has you as a mom Jenn - surely us Fellers don't have those adorable genes in us because if we did I would demand a redistribution of the wealth! Thanks for posting again - I was bored and could only read about "Best Friends" for so long - I wanted to be Lexi's BFF. :) Also, does Lexi have red in her hair or is that some lighting thing? I need to see this baby ASAP!