Friday, February 22, 2008

Bilingual

One of the hardest lessons of marriage that David and I are still trying to learn and accept is that men and women sometimes speak completely different languages. We can honestly say that many conversations have ended in frustration because one or both of us feels misunderstood.

Lately neither David nor I have been feeling 100%. After texting him that I was feeling okay, but just in a bit of a ‘fog’. He replied that he was sorry, and was worried about the ‘dog’.

Well, we obviously are still speaking different languages, but at least after two years our languages rhyme… that’s progress. Maybe in another two years, whole sentences will be pretty close rather than just individual words. We are trying to make Lex bilingual, so that she is able to speak the language of both men and women, and won’t have to relearn our lessons.

0 comments: