Last night I was trying to think if anything new or exciting happened worth posting about, as I relived our weekend the answer to my quandary was a resounding 'no'. Sadly my dress wasn't finished in time to attend the Oscars, and knowing I couldn't show up in the rags I wore last year, we laid low and stayed home. Thus my award for 'blogger best able to make something of nothing' was dropped from the program, but thankfully the academy promised to mail me my little golden man. I would have liked to thank the little people without whom none of this would have been possible.
Because nothing exciting happened over the weekend, I thought I'd share a couple of highlights... Yesterday in church Lexi was sitting on David's lap chewing on her fingers - apparently they taste better than her pacifier. As we were listening to the Stake President, David calmly reached down, took Lexi's hand out her mouth and said, "looks like it's time to move on to another finger... you've already gnawed off half of that one". It's going to be a while before he can make jokes like that actually to Lexi, but I couldn't help giggling; sounded just like something my dad would say to me.
However, the winning highlight took place yesterday after dinner; I was cleaning up the dishes and David had Lex sitting on his stomach as he laid on our bed. After a few minutes he called out that he thought Lex was being more fussy than normal and didn't understand why. When I went into the bed room to check on them, I found David 'helping' Lex stay sitting by passing her head from hand to hand as she started to lean side ways... more fussy than normal? It's still a mystery.

0 comments:
Post a Comment