I often joke with my Mom about the life lessons not taught in Young Women's. I have complied a brief top ten list of important lessons not taught:
10 - He can be taught... WRONG! Prince Charming doesn't actually own the horse, so if he's not attractive without it, in the long run it's cheaper just to visit the Zoo.
9 - It's okay to not find personal fulfillment in cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping. Thankfully there are resources like Days of Our Lives not only to entertain, but to teach perspective.
8 - You say 'tomato'... I say 'what on earth are you talking about?' Miscommunication is a synonym for marriage.
7 - Being Crafty is not a requirement for exaltation - maybe just for the highest degree. There is ALWAYS fine print.
6 - The perfect wife bakes bread... yes, you did in fact do something wrong if it doesn't look like Betty Crocker's picture. It's harder than it looks!
5 - You're expected to be a 10 cow wife... however, that means you don't SETTLE for anything less than Johnny Lingo himself.
4 - Prayer and reading your scriptures may help in the acquiring of a house/apartment... sadly however, they can't make the house clean it's self.
3 - Sugar and spice... that's what babies are made of. I have seen a lot of things come out of my daughter, but none of them resemble anything I would make cookies with.
2 - Reality is what happens after the ending credits of the chick flick. Eternity starts after cutting the cake and putting the white dress away... and it's a LONG time.
1 - Marriage is not the answer and key to every thing; it's the question... 'what was I thinking? Have I really been praying for this all my life?!?'
Disclaimer: no husbands were injured in the making of this list... Marriage and a sense of humor are not only possible, they are required.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Top Ten
Posted by Jenn at 12:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
haa ha. too funny
Post a Comment