Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Only One

Saturday and Sunday are Daddy days for Alexis, but I'm not sure if she or David enjoys the time more. David is great with her, and I can honestly say she laughs (which comes out as a snort and ends up as hiccups) and talks more when he is around versus when she's alone with me.

What I think I love most about Daddy time is hearing "has she ever done this with you?" I hear this questions numerous times, usually following a diaper explosion, spit up, or prolonged crying. Every time David asks the question, I have to look him in the eye and be completely honest. Does she barf and poop when he's not around... of course not! I don't what him to feel badly, but I don't know what to tell him; when she's with me she's very proper and reserved. She cleans up after herself and hardy makes a peep.

2 comments:

Merrilee said...

I really do love your blog and love the photos, but I really am loving how great you are David! You kids are too cute!!

the Mother said...

Luv the pic's and I always look forward to the amazing wit! I'm sure you get that from your Mother...I hear she is a riot! No doubt you too make cute babies. I better hide the cookies before your visit.....