Thursday, February 14, 2008

Does A Body Good



David and I are on every government program that we can apply for - there is just something about hours of waiting in line and endless paperwork that calls to us. One program that we have been really grateful for is WIC (Women Infants and Children). Through WIC we are able to get tons of milk, cheese, eggs, and other basics each month.



The one catch to this program is that I have to go into the office every other month to get weighed and participate in a group discussion. You know that we must be desperate for me to get on a scale in public...



Our latest group chat was on milk. I can honestly say that never in my life have I talked solely about milk for a half hour. Thankfully they set me straight that chocolate milk doesn't come from the brown cows, and fat free from the really skinny ones. I did find the comparison between fat free and 1% informative - so much so, that we are switching from fat free to get the benefits of 1% - more calcium and protein. As part of the presentation we were asked to sample milk to see if we could guess which kind it was. As the presenter was passing out the samples she apologized that it was only milk and not tequila. After expressing her regret she promised us that next month she would be sure to bring the 'good stuff' for us to sample... finally, a visit to the office I am looking forward to!



0 comments: