After spending almost 2 weeks with my parents, I tried to think what I can write to adequately describe the time. My mom has even made frequent mention that I should have more than enough 'ammo'. I don't what exactly she is referring to - could be the eerie resemblance they have to Pavlov’s dogs when the clock strikes noon... snack time. Yup, that's right just like nursery and daycare my parents have snack time; sadly I only took Alexi’s blankie and not my own.
I found that I really didn't have to wear my watch while I was visiting. It was fairly obvious what time of day it was; between the dog who knows down to the minute when it's time to be feed, and my parents who also revolve around their feeding schedule... between 8AM and noon they wondered around in a zombie like state muttering "snack time? Is it snack time yet?” and after their snack, until bedtime they counted down the minutes till it was time for a Pepsi - the 'ba ba'. They were very convenient to have around when I didn't feel like being weighed down by Timex.
I know I shouldn't laugh at their routine because I'm sure I do the same thing. But, I don't know who is more terrified I'm turning into my parents... me or David.
0 comments:
Post a Comment