Monday, April 7, 2008

Barbie Girl

As time goes by I can definitely say that there are things about parenthood that I am getting more and more comfortable with. Changing a dirty diaper - no problem. Kissing a chubby face covered in slimy goo - sure, why not? Being an on call feeding station - bring it on!



However, there is one thing that, if possible, I am getting worse at, and that is getting Alexis dressed! I think that getting a baby dressed must be one of the unsung spiritual gifts, because I do not know how parents do it without it ending badly... as David's dad says, "it always ends in tears!"


I was actually much better with Barbies - may have had something to do with the detachable appendages. Heck, when you change a Barbie's clothes, just pop off the arms and legs, get the torso dressed, and pop everything back on... the head even conveniently comes off for the really technical outfits.

All these years, I thought that putting up with barbie and other dolls would have at least helped nurture a motherly instinct in me. However, I think that Barbie has ruined me, and poor Alexis is suffering the consequences... luckily, Lexi's arms and legs are attached pretty good.

1 comments:

Merrilee said...

I love this photo! She looks awesome, and looks like she is ready to be dressed. :)