Monday, May 12, 2008

You're It!

I was recently tagged by my SIL Kim, so here we have it… the deep dark secrets...What I was doing 10 years ago: the magical year of 1998 found me as a sophomore in High School. I had just learned to drive a stick shift by driving my parents’ car into a brick wall in the front of the house. Thus, I was actually dreading getting my driver’s license instead of chomping at the bit. I was a bookworm and spent Friday and Saturday nights at home with the family – every little girl’s dream - pretty glamorous.

Five things on my to-do list: Pay the electric bill. Work out Lexi’s medical reports and insurance issues. Wash the walls (this has actually been on the to-do list for quite some time. Good intention + No motivation = my house). Grocery shopping (I found this morning, cereal is real hard to eat when there is no milk). And, shower (yup, I actually have to put it on my list, or it doesn’t get done).

If I were a billionaire I would: I would pay off David’s student loans. And, I’d invest the $20 bucks left over as our retirement nest egg.

Bad habits: Procrastination… If I can make myself start something, I am usually pretty good about seeing it through, but it’s that whole getting started thing that really turns me off.

Afternoon naps… I LOVE naps! David is not so much a napper, so I tend to leave my naps out of my detailed answer to his nightly question of “what did you do today?”

I also am terrible at making the bed… just combine the two above answers and it all makes sense.

Finally, I eat a ton of salt… weird I know, but poor David has to live with always trying to pretend his extremely over salted food tastes good.

Five places I've lived: I grew up in Ogden, and lived there till college. I moved the grueling 75 miles to Provo where I lived (or as I tend to describe it ‘where I barely managed to survive’) until my mission. I lived in Kirtland, OH and the immediate surrounding cities for the duration of my 18 months. After returning to the place that shall not be named for about a year and a half, I moved to LA, where I can now be found sipping smoothies by the ocean.

And, there you have it; my life in a pathetically small nut shell. What does it mean when I can only come up with four places?

Five jobs I've had: My first job was as part of a cleaning staff – we weren’t allowed to be paid cause of the paper trail it would cause, but Mom and Dad let us have room and board.

I also worked in a teeny tiny movie theater – free popcorn and movies!

I was a grocery bagger/grocery checker at Macey’s in Ogden (with a short stint as a night stocker – it takes a very special person to work straight through the night).

I have worked as a bank teller, MTC teacher, and receptionist/assistant in both Orthodontic and Oral Surgery clinics.

Currently, I am pursuing my most difficult career yet as a stay-at-home mom... Who knew a little human could be SO much work?!?!

3 comments:

Merrilee said...

I love this! Awesome answers and it is always so much fun learning more about you!

dayna said...

amen to the hardest job yet. fun to read about you!

Kimberly Robinson said...

Whoo-hoo! That was fun! I learned so much about you! Funny and big surprise but among the million things David loves about you the only ones he mentioned before we met you were "female, LDS, will go camping." I didn't know where you served your mission before and I still don't know when your birthday is but anyways, thanks for sharing everything!