Thursday, May 15, 2008

6 Months. Yipee!!



Today Alexis turns 6 months old! Some days it is hard for me to believe that 6 months ago I didn't have a baby - other days, it's not so hard to imagine. To celebrate this milestone, I have been thinking about what a personal ad for her would include. This is what I have come up with:


SWI (Single White Infant) seeking attention. Very attached to parents, still living at home. Think bald is beautiful. Love long walks to the beach, and lunch on the beach (must eat every two hours). Love long baths - soap is optional, toys are required. Love morning, afternoon, and midafternoon naps - currently cry myself to sleep, but getting better. Have a lot to say, but not a big talker. Excellent oral hygiene is a must - don't have teeth of my own, but appreciate others'. Not afraid to get my hands dirty. Don't go anywhere on my own - must be willing to carry me. Love rolling and spinning on the floor. Very health conscious - only eat organic. Hate being forced to eat anything not straight from the source. Taller than 25 inches need not respond.



I am sure there is more that would be included, but that's the best I can do for now. Lex is doing great. As is plainly apparent, she is the center of our attention. She goes to the pediatrician next week for her 6 month checkup and shots - and, he can once again tell me that she is underweight.

She is getting ready to expand her horizons, everyday she gets closer and closer to crawling. Currently, she is in the frustration phase, where she lays on her stomach pumping her legs whining that nothing is happening. As she pushes herself backwards and sideways, it's pretty obvious she'll catch on pretty quick - then watch out!

Her vocabulary is also expanding. We are able to make out a few 'dah dah' and 'ma ma's. David will argue till he's blue in the face that her first word was dah dah... however, I am quite convinced she was actually trying to name her favorite stuffed animal - dah dah duck! There is no way that I am going to be the parasite's host for 6 months and not at least get the first word!

0 comments: