Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Couch Potato

So, I vowed that I would never be the parent that uses the TV as a babysitter for their kids. In fact, when David and I were dating we had this conversation and both agreed that we would not be those parents.

However, as I sit Lexi in front of her baby Einstein video and find that she is not only occupied, but also entertained, I am having trouble passing up the opportunity to get things done while her attention is focused else where. The video is a compilation of animals, moving toys, and babies - and Lex loves watching it. She especially loves watching the kids, and laughs along with them.

You may notice that she is sitting up on her own. I can't believe how big she is getting. David remarked the other day that she is becoming very independent; and I countered that soon enough she'll grow right out of us, and not need us. David very astutely asked how old I was when I grew out of my parents and didn't need them anymore. My first instinct was "oh crap! She is always going to need me?!?" I do look forward to having a relationship with Lex like I have with my Mom - being a mom may be thankless and an eternal position, but as I watch her every day, I wouldn't have things any other way.

3 comments:

Merrilee said...

Love the video's! She is sooooo adorable!!

dayna said...

emme and joel LOVED watching this. we were so excited to put joel in front of baby einstein at that age...this reminds me that emme hasn't seen it yet! now i have something on the to-do list today:) my friend has the entire 25 disc collection we are (don't tell) copying hopefully emme loves them.

Kimberly Robinson said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY. I say, milk it for all it's worth while she's watching that video!! She is such a happy girl!!