Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MIA


Well friends, it has been a while... I have not had a whole lot to talk about, thus the long absence. Things have been pretty routine and uneventful over the past few weeks. David is in full swing with classes and boards prep. School is keeping him amazingly busy - he spends at least 14 hours a day on campus. Lex and I spend a good deal of our time sitting on the floor staring at each other. Personally, I think she's getting the short end, of an already depressingly small, stick.
I have been trying very hard to find blog inspiration from our day to day activities, but sadly nothing has caused a spark. Even today, I tried to write about the proud grandpa I met while jogging. All I wanted to do was finish jogging, but before I knew what happened he had sucked me into his web. In a brief time, which actually felt excruciatingly long, I had learned about his daughter and her new baby, where they lived, how much he enjoys having his kids live at home, how beautiful he thinks Cali is, and he even made me promise to talk to his daughter if I saw her out walking. Great... now not only do I have to worry about breathing while I exercise, I also have to carry around a sign saying "If you are Sara Potter Singer, we can be friends. Let's chat!"

After, not being able to write about Mr. discrete, I tried to think of funny home stories to share. The only thing that came to mind was David's fhe lesson of 'how to properly administer an oral exam'. Admit it, never thought of trying this before, huh? That's right, I learned all I ever need know about what to look for while peering into someone elses mouth. You may be thinking that is something not incredibly useful. But, I feel much more confident that if I were ever the first on the scene of an accident, I would be better prepared to offer assistance than the average Joe. Most people only know to check the ABC's (airway, breathing, and circulation); however, I now know to check ABCD - airway, breathing, circulation, and dental. A whole other letter has to say something...

There you have it, my inspiration-less life. Have no fear, I will continue to be vigilant in seeking something that will be both entertaining and educational. I tell you what, I seemed to have much more material when David was around... I don't know what happened...

1 comments:

dayna said...

i don't know anyone who truly believes their own life is interesting--but everyone on the outside looking in thinks everyone elses' lives are more interesting. I wish I could swap places with you!:) Enjoy the solace and the 'uneventfullness'...