Monday, November 17, 2008

Well Done

Many may have heard that much of the state of California is on fire. This time of year is definitely considered fire season, as it is hot and dry. As we were driving down to OC to meet Grandma and Grandpa for Lex's birthday, we were shocked to see all the smoke - behind the car we had blue skies, but in front all we saw was gray.

The fires are still burning, with new ones starting almost daily. Walking to church yesterday we could smell the smoke in the air and see ash falling. David tells everyone that we are living in Mordor - he's always had an odd connection with Frodo.

Needless to say, my heart breaks for all those who have lost so much from the fires. I can't imagine watching the place you live in go up in flames. I realize though that if anything like this were to happen to our family, as long as we all were safe, there really aren't 'things' that I would die without.

I have heard rumor that one day California will fall into the ocean... maybe that's not necessarily a punishment, but rather the only way to put out all the flames...

this is the view from the hotel
Photobucket

here is Grandma and Grandpa's view
Photobucket

0 comments: