Monday, November 17, 2008

Sugar baby

Here are some of the photos from Lexi's birthday. Grandma and Grandpa took us out for pizza and then we went to Mile Square Park for cake and presents.

Lex loved all of her gifts - and especially the boxes and wrapping paper they came in. By the end of the day she was used to having people break out in song for her and would grin from ear to ear if anyone starting even humming Happy Birthday.

She is not sold on sugar. I had my expectations set way too high for this one... I made a cake all for her, and even tried to make it kid friendly with pink frosting and colorful flower decorations (aside: I am not a cake decorator - I firmly believe it is what's inside that counts. Beware, gospel lessons are all around us... du du dun). However, she was not really a fan. Every time we tried to give her some cake, she spit it out and tried to wipe the frosting from her hands to anything in reaching distance. By the end of the day, David and I had more frosting on us than she had eaten. After slaving away to make her a gourmet raspberry filled chocolate cake, she did end up picking off the candy flowers and eating those. Go figure.

Since sugar has touched her virgin lips, she has been bouncing off the walls. I can see that it is going to take a while to build up her tolerance... hey, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Grandma and Grandpa Clarke and Lex
Photobucket

The balloon was the real hit of the day - until Mom set it free...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some stretches to finish off the dayPhotobucket

1 comments:

dayna said...

best picture is definitely her face through the balloon! she is adorable! and so sad she isn't sold on sugar yet...i think matt's greatest joy is giving emme sugar/new stuff. she is so keen that she knows the difference between a crackling candy wrapper (she comes running literally) and just a crackling garbage bag (no reaction)....sad really. joel was the same way.