Today marks 25 years that I have had the pleasure of tormenting my younger brother David. Oh my goodness... I can't believe how OLD we are all getting.
David is a perfect example of charity and compassion. he is always willing to help and sacrifice for others. He has a tender caring heart - though I have teased him about this ruthlessly growing up, it's only cause I am jealous!
Years ago in our family, if there was ever a conflict - of course there seldom was - David had the defined role of 'peacemaker'. No matter what the quarrel, he could be heard saying something to the effect of, "come on guys... can't we all just get along?!" Ah, good times, good times. Truth be told, I always thought he would end up as a politician, cause he has a gift of spinning reality so it looks like everyone wins.
Happy Birthday David! I think the world of you, and feel greatly blessed to be your sister. Thank you for always having my back, pretending to laugh at my jokes, and being so gosh darn perfect. Since I couldn't have a piece of the official birthday cake - know that a crepe smothered with Nutella was eaten in your honor! Love you Mav (aka Captain Planet)
0 comments:
Post a Comment