One year old... I can't believe it!
12 months ago at 6:09AM Lex made her way - coming at 6.9lbs and 20inches - into our lives. She has been a delightful addition to our family. She has the uncanny gift of making me feel happy, crazy, excited, exhausted, and complete all at the same time!
Just yesterday as I was trying to make her birthday cake, she would not stay out from under my feet, I was so fed up that I started clapping my hands and shoo'ing her from the kitchen. She of course interpreted this as a game and burst into giggles as she decided I meant for her to chase me... I was powerless to her, and of course started laughing as I dropped to all fours to even the playing field.
I have said it on numerous occasions, but we have been very spoiled to have such an innately happy kid. And though at times I wish she would realize that rocks are not food, diapers have to stay on, the garbage can is not chest filled with hidden treasures, and over-socialized squirrels are not toys just begging to be chased and grabbed... I can't imagine life without her!
Happy Birthday Lexi!!
mommy note: i got a bit nostalgic while choosing pictures, so there are way more included than need be... but, that's the mommy prerogative
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Happy Birthday!
Posted by Jenn at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I can't believe she is one! Time really flies! I LOVED the video of all of the pictures. What a doll!
Post a Comment