Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's time to celebrate!

David Daniel Feller you just finished you dental boards, what are you going to do next?

"I'm going to Wii... I NEED to Wii!!!"


After coming home utterly exhausted and intellectually demolished, David's only hope for survival was to Wii. So, we caved and officially became part of the gaming population. It's true what they say; once you Wii, you're never the same!

I thought it would be easier than it ended up being to procure Wii. We went to numerous stores who were completely sold out, as they thinly veiled their laughs at us even thinking we could just walk in and buy one. However, in a final attempted at BestBuy we were told someone had returned their Wii earlier that day... as we made eye contact with the abandoned Wii, it was as though the heavens parted. Obviously, we couldn't pass it up! (so, all of you out there praying for David's boards... looks like a miracle DID happen)

So, we rushed home with Lex in the back of the car going, "Wii Wii Wii" all the way home. I killed him in bowling; he schooled me in tennis; and I think I pulled a muscle in boxing - not before I knocked him out though. Editor's note: Wii at your own risk. It is safest to master this in the privacy of your own home before attempting to Wii in public.

Alexis has started begging us to teach her to Wii, but I think she's still a bit young... consequently, I hear that girls do master it earlier than boys...

2 comments:

Merrilee said...

Welcome to the Wii family! I am so glad you all, Tom and his family and I all have the Wii!!! I do heart it big time! I just got Guitar Hero Aerosmith and don't worry - I can bring that home in Sept. or at Christmas! I think you all will love it. Congrats on surviving the boards and rock out sista' to the Wii! :)

dayna said...

yipee! wish we could wii with you but matt is on the 'forever exchange' program where he gets a new system every 2 years or so...maybe we'll get a wii again...maybe