Monday, August 4, 2008

Maybe just one bite

Yesterday as David was crawling around on the floor with Alexis, he suddenly stopped playing and in a moment of paternal pride exclaimed, "I love this girl!" Stop with me, if you will, for a moment and have a collective: Ahhhh.
He followed up his declaration of love with, "You know what I think of every time I see her smile? I think of her enormous gummy arches and how I could make her a proper pair of dentures. Why be edentulous if you don't have to be?" Now let's have a moment for a collective: Huhhhhh?

Sadly, Lex's arches are no longer completely "gummy". Today while trying to persuade her to take a nap, I spotted what I dare say will soon be my two greatest enemies... two bottom teeth. They have just started to break through the gums, and I am trying to think of everything imaginable to make them go back into hiding for 3 more months... Oddly, David is more than willing to fit her with dentures, but gets all panicked at even the mention of extractions. I'll let you use your imagination on all the various and sundry ways that her having teeth could be problematic for me...

Hopefully these little invaders are the culprits for her incredible moodiness as of late. I am dying to know what happened to my adorable low maintenance child.

1 comments:

Merrilee said...

Oh goodness she is adorable and David is crazy. I will be thinking of you guys today as he goes out to rock the boards! Oh yeah! And I think the photo of you and Lex is just precious!