Well, we are in full swing of specialty applications and both David and I are looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think we've been able to see our kitchen table, under the paperwork and addressed envelopes, for the last month... We are applying to lots of school, in lots of different places, and the stress is building!
I have discovered what a blessing it was that David and I didn't start dating till after he had applied and was accepted to dental school - I don't know how he did it all on his own. And, more to the point I don't know how he is managing to do applications all over again... my hat is definitely off to him.
The ADA has an application system known as PASS - essentially, it was developed as a standard way of applying to multiple schools. Rather than having to apply to each school individually, with PASS the idea is to input one applications and electronically select the schools for PASS to send it out to.
Sadly, that was lost somewhere in translation! So, not only do we have to get everything entered into and submitted to PASS (which once it's in the computer there is NO editing - no pressure, or anything). But, we also have to contact each individual school and see what they need us to send to them directly; such as college transcripts, official scores, letters of recommendation, etc. All of which are part of the required PASS application mind you... So, this is turning out to be not only stressful in the sense that we have TONS of deadlines and trying to keep everything organized. But, there is also the worry of "what if". David has worked his tail off these past 3 years working towards applications, but it is still incredibly stressful! I can't think of anything else he could have possibly done - and I can only hope that all of these schools will feel the same way...
Needless to say - we are staying very busy and in a constant state of apprehension that we may have missed something. but, we are both confident that everything will work out and come December we'll have good news to report.
Aside from that, David is well into his 4TH YEAR! I can not believe we have been here that long. He is now the big man on campus, and enjoying the relaxed class schedule that the last year has to offer - thus far. We look forward to applications being done, so we really can kick back and take a breather...
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Virgina, Michigan, Oklahoma - Oh My!
Posted by Jenn at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment