
Even without her cast, it seems that we can't help but make a spectacle of ourselves these days. Over the weekend we visited the Santa Barbara Zoo. i think we spent more time on the freeway getting there, than total time at the zoo and in Santa Barbara. But, we've been meaning to go for a long time, and ended up really enjoying the chance to get out of LA for a few hours.
While at the zoo I did something that I swore I would NEVER do - I put my child on a leash! We got our share of stares and comments about how inappropriate it is to treat kids like pets. Though, the people saying such things were making their kids pushed their dogs in strollers, so I still find myself questioning the validity of the argument.
I gotta tell you - we all had a great day! Lex got to run around rather than be locked into her stroller, and David and I didn't have to run around madly trying to keep an eye on her (not that i would take this opportunity to point out that there were such parents running around - who only paused momentarily during the day to point fingers in our direction... boy, do i feel foolish...)
I would probably feel differently about the whole thing if Lexi hated having it on. But, she actually loves to wear the backpack. She cuddles with it in her crib and brings it to me numerous times throughout the day so she can wear it on her back.
Thus, I have officially topped my list of things i will never do to my children. But, i fear that there really is no going back from here... we're on such a roll that I think I will start feeding her nothing but sugar, let her stay up as late as she wants, and get away with talking back and not doing her chores... oh wait... 
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
and, topping the list: Things I Will Never Do To My Kids
Posted by Jenn at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment