It has happened! Lexi is now living the high life - without the aid of mood stabilizers - I'm so proud.
She actually started walking in the Oakland airport as we were waiting for our connecting flight to LA last Saturday. It was conveniently timed so there were no family witnesses... David's family boarded their plane to Washington, and she took off as we were walking back to our own gate. What a thoughtful kid - didn't want to make any of the grandparents feel discriminated against - so, she left them ALL OUT. She was - and still is - quite proud of herself. At least she made herself useful and found a way to entertain us during the dull airport interim...
Each day she gets a bit more confident in her new mode of travel. She still seems to favor crawling when she wants to get around quickly. And only wants to walk when my back is turned, hoping maybe that I wont realize she can walk, and she can then use it as a means of mischief. I can see the wheels turning...
0 comments:
Post a Comment