Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where did it go?

Photobucket

I have been meaning to write some sort of update for the last few days, but every time I think about what to write my mind starts reeling that 2008 is over and gone. Needless to say, once the reeling starts I am lucky to get anything accomplished.

To sum up 2008: It was HARD! Looking back, both David and I agree that '08 is one year we would not care to repeat.
David
Low Point: Boards part I
High Point: Finished boards and passed the dental school half-way point. Being well into 3rd year means less book work and more clinic time. It's almost like he's a real dentist (I'm a real boy...)!

Jen
Low Point: Living in the same place as MILLIONS of people.
High Point: Having an entire year to devote to being a mom, cleaning toilets, and cooking meals. And, living in a place I can walk anywhere I want to go; beach, campus, mall, grocery store - you name it.

Alexis
Low Point: Teething. Pretty sure not even David's detailed explanations of what was happening could make the experience bearable - we're all glad it's over - for now...
High Point: Solid foods, sugar, and self-reliance. Lex has made up for lost time in developing her taste for sugar, but thankfully she is still addicted to vegetables as well. In the past year she also learned to roll over, sit up, crawl, stand, and walk (technically she didn't really master walking alone last year, but realistically I'll have forgotten that fact next year). Officially, I think she has definitely had the most impressive year.

Growing up I remember hearing my parents talk about how quickly the years go; at the time, I remember thinking the only thing going was their minds! Cause I was pretty sure that Christmas was excruciatingly far away and the school year would never end. Now however, I find myself saying the very same thing: I don't know where the time goes! (I vowed it would never happen, but here it is, I am turning into my parents... sorry David...)
Things the upcoming year will bring: Orthodontic residency applications and interviews. By this time next year, David will know where he'll be relocating us. Lexi will be a terrible toddler; I hear there is a great deal of screaming and stomping associated. And I will be doing much the same; watching lifetime and eating bon bons. Like sand through the hour glass...

Happy New Year 2009!

0 comments: