
What's wrong with this picture?
Let me try and spell it out for you... L -E -X -I
Lex is definitely a child of the electronic era. I laugh at all the funny things she does with electronics, but when I really think about the fact that she is not even a year and a half old; it's a bit frightening!
For starters, she walks around the house with one of our old cell phones and says "hello" as she opens it and puts the phone up to her ear. I don't know if some of her conversations don't go well, because most of the time she abruptly snaps the phone shut and tosses it aside. Sometimes, however, she will mutter "bye" as she breaks the connection.
Speaking of phones, she now thinks that all phones are like Mom's phone - you simply touch the screen and things change. Each time she tries this with David's phone, rather than give up when nothing happens, she becomes more determined and pushes harder. I think he put her up to this, so that when she breaks his phone's face, he can get a iPhone too... Hmmm... Not only does she think this applies to phones, but anything she can touch - the TV screen, the computer screen, the microwave, the oven door... she's pretty liberal in her interpretation (literally, on any given day she can be found wandering around the apartment pounding on things till something happens. Luckily I know when she is touching something she knows she's not supposed to because I hear her mutter, "no, no, no, no"). And Yes - she knows how to use remotes...
She is also becoming quite savvy with computers. She loves to sit at the computer and move the mouse around the screen, she also is quite fond of the key board. Last night prior to fhe, Lex was sitting with David as he worked on his laptop. In a matter of mere moments, she was getting more work done than him. Somehow she had managed to tell the computer to print 500+ pages of a nonexistent PowerPoint. David caught on as the computer reached page 167... truthfully we still have no idea how she did it!
Also, just this morning in about 3 keystrokes she managed to shift the entire orientation of my computer screen (as shown above). What took her 3 seconds to accomplish, took me 30 minutes to fix! it probably would have been easier to fix, if I didn't have to tilt me head to one side the whole time. Again, I don't know how she does it!
If her future as the world's most adorable child doesn't work out, I am certain that she has a career in electronics...
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Geek squad
Posted by Jenn at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment